Come Build the Future.
Why join uStudio?
As a platform-first development company, innovation is in our DNA. We make the world’s most powerful digital communications medium (video!) more accessible and easy-to-use than ever across business and media companies large and small.
From live video streaming, to everywhere VOD, to customizable interactive players, our APIs and apps have been rated the industry’s most innovative tools for the modern video developer or user.
Why join? Because you’re excited to help us define the future of video.
Current Job Openings
Senior Software Developer
We are looking for an experienced developer to help us build great products and move our development processes forward.
You will join a team that takes responsibility for their part of the uStudio platform, implementing new features, improving performance, and building iterative and robust solutions. Above all, your work will impact the way people experience video.
What you’ll do
- Contribute on front-end work and back-end RESTful API projects
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product, and business stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions. You will become a valued member of an autonomous, multi disciplinary team that’s focused on improving our platform, both internally and externally.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will perform on multiple platforms, browsers, and devices.
- Learn from and teach other developers.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- You are a great human with amazing development skills. You’ve shipped multiple releases over the years, and you understand what it takes to create awesome features and get them delivered into the hands of users.
- You are familiar with multiple front-end Web technologies. We historically have used Backbone and React, with a new focus on Polymer. Ideally, you also have experience working on the backend. We primarily use Python, but it is not a requirement that you be an expert.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial concepts.
- You write modern, testable, and maintainable code in an iterative fashion. It’s important to you to get the smallest viable piece of functionality working and out to users.
- You’re passionate about developing software. You’ll push us to improve our processes, skills, and tooling to provide the smoothest development experience possible.
Who we are
- At uStudio, we believe that video has an incredible impact on consumers. We strive to make video simple for everyone, across the business spectrum.
- We emphasize a sustainable pace and long-term technical investment.
- We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply, and we want you to come be a part of changing the way companies use video.
Sales Executives are responsible for selling uStudio solutions to prospective customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life.
The Sales Executive will work with all uStudio stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
We are looking for Sale Executives that understand how technology can transform a company’s business and how unique technology can transform a software category.
Have you ever built a category for technology and sold products with a unique technical advantage?
- Have you sold in a complex environment that required you to sell at multiple levels (IT and business) in an organization?
- Are you proud of your track record of selling to executives in Fortune 500 organizations?
- Have you built strong relationships at multiple levels of a large organization that has helped transform that company?
- Have you ever partnered with management to build a “world class” sales organization?
If you have experience in these areas, then we are interested in talking with you.
What you’ll do
- Hit your numbers: Achieve sales quota for assigned territory and/or accounts.
- Have a healthy pipeline: Maintain appropriate sales development activity to ensure healthy pipeline management and accurate forecasting.
- Sell to your targets: As a Sales Executive you will primarily target new SaaS business opportunities within enterprise organizations in your geographic territory – this will includes mostly new logo sales but could include some strategic accounts.
- Be a leader: Lead entire sales cycle from initial opportunity creation to finalizing opportunity outcome – this includes driving the discovery process at meetings with both prospects and clients, forecasting the opportunity correctly, selling to solve business problems, producing all the required quotes/documents, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Cultivate and grow your business: Work with Inside Sales and Marketing to drive activity and targeted outbound campaigns through account based marketing tactics.
- Target Account Selling: Research target accounts and develop prospecting campaigns for large target accounts. Drive initial relationships with executives at large target accounts.
- Drive Executive Relationships: Go high-and-wide within enterprise organizations to understand the full scope of opportunity.
- Keep clean records: Opportunity, activity, and other sales information for prospects and customers should be kept current in SFDC.
- Use our partners: Engage with sales ecosystem and uStudio Partners in support of sales opportunities.
- Team uStudio Selling: Participate in internal team meetings to collaborate with supporting ecosystem on opportunities, resolve customer issues, share best practices, and work with cross functional teams.
- Be the eyes and ears of the company: Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- 7+ years experience selling Enterprise Technology Solutions (SaaS software) into Fortune 1000 companies
- Demonstrated experience creating opportunities within large strategic accounts
- Demonstrated experience growing accounts through expansion selling; Understands how to structure proper licensing
- Demonstrated experience identifying and maximizing relationships with key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets and club award winners)
Preferred Personality Traits
- Curiosity: Solving business problems for our customers
- Problem solving: Creating new and innovative ways to solve problems
- Numbers junky with proven analytical ability: Knowledge of how to use and interpret CRM data to drive better performance
- Start up personality: Experience in startup, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
- Believes Sales is a noble profession: Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling that creates a win-win
- Team player: Takes joy in helping others achieve success (both internal and external)
We are looking for Solutions Consultants to join uStudio’s growing team. Do you and your friends prefer watching, sharing, creating, and otherwise communicating with video? Are you excited about diving into a rapidly-evolving market where change is the only constant and you’ll never get bored? Does your mouth water at the thought of a juicy business challenge? If you approach solutions with an analytical yet collaborative mindset, offer creative solution ideas and push to bring them to life, your written, verbal, and visual communications are at a level that establish you as a trusted advisor, then we’re looking for you!
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate how video can help solve real business problems
- Brainstorm, design, and document what it takes to launch and grow new video initiatives
- Show success with small-to- medium projects – in order to prepare for larger and more strategic projects
Critical success factors
- A collaborative outlook, with openness to work with marketing, sales, engineering, QA, and customers
- Ability to focus, listen, and empathize with customers, partners, and coworkers
- Eagerness to learn from, collaborate with, and share expertise with the modern knowledge worker
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Evidence of managing project timelines, resources, and change controls to meet schedules & budgets
- Previous experience working with social, learning, CRM, or call center databases
- Degree or equivalent job experience in Management Information Systems or similar
Bonus credit for:
- Selling and/or servicing SaaS enterprise software
- Compelling mock-ups you’ve designed for new websites, interactive experiences, or mobile apps
- Publishing podcasts or other audio/video content of value to various audiences
- Home-run customer feedback on your technical support/training
Sales Development Representative (Inside Sales)
We are looking for highly motivated Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to join our growing team. SDRs at uStudio have the critical responsibility of working with the demand generation team in marketing to build pipeline for our sales organization.
This is an opportunity to help us grow our company through direct outreach and targeted campaigns to large organizations that could benefit from working with uStudio.
What you’ll do
- Work hard: Daily outbound activities to targeted accounts and targeted titles within those accounts that could benefit from the uStudio platform and applications
- Be part of a team: Working closely with assigned Sales Executives to plan, compose and execute strategic outreach programs to targeted accounts
- Build a better team: Help to part of the team that builds and structures the Inside Sales processes to build a “world class” inside sales organization
- Be the bridge with Marketing: Work with our marketing organization to create and compose outbound activities to drive pipeline activities
- Do homework: Research top prospects to develop a strategy for creating interest and identify key contacts at target accounts for outreach
- Keep a clean house: Be diligent in recording activities in Salesforce and other leading sales automation tools
- Win: Exceed goals for monthly appointments set and opportunities created
- Exceptional drive to succeed and beat given goals – we want you to win and feel success
- Team player that will help us build out the organization and improve our process every day
- Resourcefulness and industriousness to solve problems that will benefit the entire team
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role – we want people that are ready to take the next step in their career
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and on the phone
- Comfort with selling a technical subject matter
- The intellectual curiosity to discover what our prospects want and need for the success of their business
Customer Success Specialist
We are searching for a passionately caring, gritty, customer-oriented problem solver to join our team as a Customer Success Specialist. This person will be an internal advocate for our customers with competent troubleshooting ability, analytical skills, coordination, and effective communication.
The ideal candidate has a background in digital media, technology platforms and customer service. He/she is a creative problem-solver, is able to translate complex technical details into business context, exhibits drive to do things efficiently, and excels in a team environment.
What you’ll do
- Communicate with partners and customers to educate and assist them from support request creation to resolution
- Perform initial triage of incoming support requests
- Provide consistent updates to ticket reporters, while diligently following up with internal teams to drive issue resolution
- Prepare reporting related to request inflow and make it available to stakeholders
- Identify trends in quality metrics and feature enhancement opportunities; work with the leadership team to improve processes
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth knowledge base articles
- Create and maintain internal troubleshooting documents for commonly reported issues
- Aid in increasing platform adoption, ensuring customer retention, and identifying expansion opportunities
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 1 to 3+ years’ experience in Customer Support or Service
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and on the phone, technically savvy and able to quickly pick up on a new products and internal tools
- High level of drive to succeed as both an individual and a team
- Resourcefulness and industriousness in solving problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Good people skills and teamwork abilities