Video Analytics that Measure More Than Ever
Let robust video analytics flow into the dashboards of your choice
Video data should prove business value
More data is just more work… unless you make it work for you. Most video products can’t capture the full spectrum of video data available or connect it directly to your business goals.
uStudio takes video analytics to a whole new level by giving you access to more types of data from more places, offering more options on where and how to report on that data, and tying video analytics directly to your business goals.
uStudio CEO Jen Grogono describes the powerful data given off by a video stream, and how this “big video” data can be used to create predictive analytics.
The analytics in uStudio helped me forward the strategy for digital overall.
Why Use uStudio for Video Analytics?
More Types of Data Captured
The world of video analytics has changed. It used to be the case that tracking views or likes on any given video was deemed sufficient for reporting. Not anymore. A video stream – especially an interactive video — emits more data than any other form of content. And smart managers are learning how to grab more of that data and put it to work for their businesses. Some of the many types of data collected by uStudio for your use include:
- Basic Viewing Data – Track how any video performed using impressions, views & average viewing data.
- Named User Viewing Data – Track individual video views including who watched, how long they watched, which actions they took while watching, and when they abandoned.
- Interactive Player Data – When video players include interactive features such as CTAs, live chat, commenting or purchase buttons, we record all of those interactions.
- Destination Data – Collect viewing data by channel — including third party channels — to see when and where your videos perform best.
- Live Streaming Data – Track interactive video views on your live streams as easily as you would on VOD.
- Mobile Data – Segment video viewers by device and OS.
- Social Sharing Data – Track Likes, Comments and Shares across public social media sites or your own internal enterprise chat or collaboration tools.
- Technical Data – Report on player load times and video playback to ensure optimal performance.
- ROI Data – Create detailed reports correlating video data with business objectives to see the return on your content investments.
Unlike whitepapers and case studies, video analytics process more engagement data on how much of a piece of content or what key segments of it someone watched.
More Channels Supported
One of the major differences between uStudio and other solutions on the market is something that’s hard to see but is absolutely critical for delivering better data to your organization: it’s the design of our platform architecture. We were awarded our first patents for the innovative way our system manages video files as separate from the video player and the video destination. Most video companies treat the video file and the video player as a single object that you can only embed on sites that you own. We decouple those elements. Why does this matter? Because it allows us to deliver video in ways that our competitors can’t – we publish to places they can’t go, and we collect data from sources they can’t reach.
This allows our customers to collect deep, comparative data from across all their video destinations; from internal enterprise systems to third-party sites including OTT, social, promotional and editorial channels; as well as inside their enterprise systems. Many companies can only pull data from videos published to their own players. Meanwhile, uStudio can pull in video data from anywhere your video is playing, no matter whose player it’s published in or which site it lives on.
More Reporting & Display Options
uStudio’s configurable analytics options give you total control over where and how your data gets displayed.
- uStudio Basic Dashboards – All uStudio apps include standard reporting across your video library and published destinations.
- uStudio Pro Dashboards – Use our Video Analytics API to pull raw video data into dashboards that you customize.
- Push Video Data to Analytics Software – Pull video data into your existing analytics or business intelligence package – from Google Analytics to Omniture to Tableau — and display it alongside other forms of content.
- Integrate Video with Sales, Marketing, Training or Service Systems – uStudio integrates video directly into major enterprise systems including CRM, LMS, and Marketing Automation platforms, allowing you to capture video data on any lead or contact record.
The best thing about uStudio for developers is it just opens up the door to what you can do with video by being able to access all this data in its raw format and not just purely a framed video on a site.
More Business Value
uStudio is designed for the data-driven organization that relies on robust data collection and analysis to drive business decisions. In organizations where every financial decision is scrutinized and ROI is a must, you need careful tracking of dollars spent versus business objectives achieved. uStudio allows you to correlate your video metrics with overall business metrics to ensure your video investments are performing.
Examples of how uStudio customers use video analytics to drive business objectives:
- Lead Gen: A/B test interactive features to create videos and players that convert at a higher rate
- Publishing & Syndication: Discover which channels are under- or overperforming to determine where to spend more/less
- eCommerce: Generate more self-service transactions using online video
- Customer Service: Increase first call resolution by predictively supplying the best videos to resolve common complaints
- Sales: Convert more leads faster by sending them targeted 1:1 videos
- Training: Increase the percentage of deals won per rep with automated video training
What business decisions do you need to drive with video? uStudio places the analytics you need at your fingertips, when and how you want to see them.