VIDEO ASSET MANAGEMENT
Centralized Video Asset Management
Organize, manage and distribute video from a single platform
Why centralize your video assets?
- KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE: Get a complete view of your global assets – where they live, where they are published and how they are performing
- REDUCE CLUTTER: Centralizing files in a central hub helps with version control and out-of-control file proliferation
- SIMPLIFY TAGGING: Metadata management can be a major pain when duplicate assets are managed across different systems. Centralizing means you tag once, and the correct metadata flows everywhere the media travels
- MAXIMIZE PLAYBACK: A centralized hub configured to transcode to any destination means that your media will playback correctly in any browser, device or third party system to which the file is published
- KEEP IT SECURE: Centralization helps you leverage your company’s existing access & governance controls to maximize security
- SAVE MONEY: Storing and processing redundant files inflates media management costs significantly. Store once, pay once to keep things lean
Watch the video to see how video asset management works in uStudio
uStudio has a broad spectrum of capabilities and excellent customer references… and demonstrates strong vision in the market.
Fragmented video repositories not only waste time and money, but they also expose your business to risks. Instead, centralized video asset management gives you ultimate visibility and governance over all corporate video assets. With uStudio:
- You can store videos in the cloud of your choice – private or public – all with secure, redundant infrastructure.
- Your highest-quality, original files are always backed up.
- You have complete control over who can access your video assets.
You’ll be surprised how quickly we can transfer tens of thousands of videos from multiple locations all into a clean, streamlined repository with the organizational structure your business needs.
uStudio is the greatest thing to happen to web video since YouTube.
Flexible Upload Options
With uStudio, upload a video just once and publish it multiple times to multiple destinations.
- Upload from any device, in any format
- Upload a single video, drag-&-drop dozens of videos at a time, or send us giant batches via FTP or our flexible APIs.
- Live streaming customers skip the upload step altogether, with on-demand videos generated automatically post-event.
Configure customized workflows to maintain complete control over what happens to each and every video that’s ingested. Some might publish automatically to a video wall. Others might go into a holding pen for review and approval. Any number of workflows your video projects demand can be configured.
Don’t spend hours transcoding video files into various formats – all so your audiences can finally play back your content without issue. Just upload your highest-quality video files into uStudio’s asset hub, and all transcoding happens automatically in the background, leveraging our elastic cloud computing resources for speedy availability.
And you never need to sift through dozens of transcode versions in your administrative gallery. We’ve got it covered. When an audience member loads a player with your video content, we determine – on the fly – the right transcode for them, based on device type, resolution and bandwidth. We simply deliver the best-quality with the least latency – no thinking required on your part, or theirs.
uStudio showed up and saved the day. This is the dream product we have been waiting for.
Custom, Unified Metadata
Stop wasting time entering metadata all over the place. With uStudio, set your metadata once, and we take care of getting it where it needs to go. Need to change something, like a thumbnail or poster image? No problem. Change it in our hub, and we’ll update it everywhere. Now you can focus on delivering more results with your metadata. Define your own. Decide what’s private and what’s public. And, you can choose how you’ll use metadata to enrich both live and VOD players with unique interactivity. Here are a few examples of what’s possible:
Have some videos you need to discuss with colleagues – whether internal or external colleagues- right away? You’re not alone. Reviews, tweaks, and approvals needed in the last moments of a long production workflow can lead to proliferation of large temporary files, a sudden uptick in calls to IT for playback troubleshooting, and – without a well-thought-out process – “bypass” behavior that circumvents security policies.
Avoid this by choosing a video content management system with built-in private link sharing, plus customizable video sites that can be password-protected, yet fully disposable. Configurable to allow or disallow file download, these private sharing mechanisms still provide all needed formats, so reviewers like executives, customers, partners, and PR firms get flawless playback. You can even include annotation and approval buttons, right inside the player.