APIs & FRAMEWORKS
Video APIs & Frameworks
Developers: innovate and integrate with video, quickly and reliably.
uStudio Chief Technologist, Josh Marshall, explains our flexible approach to every layer of the cloud video stack and the many types of video data accessible via uStudio’s video APIs.
- Flexible and intuitive RESTful APIs allow rapid customization by developers, even those new to video
- Simple player builder tools and frameworks let you customize interactive live steaming or VOD players
- Standard interactive themes available via the interactive video gallery
- Robust developer portal and documentation
- Access all of your raw video data for maximum build and integration options
Video APIs for the Complete Video Lifecycle
uStudio’s video APIs were designed to maximize integration potential and give developers an easy way to put video inside of any application. Video capabilities are exposed via simple REST APIs, so you can automate or customize any or all of the video lifecycle from upload to transcoding, management, distribution, interactive playback, and measurement. Every video within uStudio makes use of our APIs – every single day.
Application Management APIs
uStudio’s APIs for studios, accounts, set-up and configurations provide everything you need to manage your total video ecosystem. Get started quickly, make changes easily, and configure precisely to your organization’s desired workflow.
User Management APIs
uStudio’s flexible access controls support internal, external, and mixed-audience viewership. uStudio is compatible with a variety of privacy and authentication protocols for your named users including SAML, OpenID, and OAuth, and can adapt to the access controls in your native enterprise systems, so you can decide who can access what, where.
Video Management APIs
Our video management APIs provide the maximum in flexibility and options for video uploading, organization, transcoding, metadata management, searching, sorting and packaging. Additional frameworks, such as our custom metadata framework, are available for even deeper customization.
Because we separate the management of the video file from the player and the destination, our APIs let you put video literally anywhere. Use our destination APIs for pushing interactive video to third party websites like Facebook or Twitter, OTT channels like Roku, or business applications like Salesforce. Wherever your video belongs, our Destination APIs can get it there.
Data Management APIs
We don’t give you a subset of your data, we give you the superset. Basic and named user viewing data, stats by destination and device, interactive and social data, as well as technical performance and ROI numbers. Analytics APIs let you pull raw video data into the reporting tool of your choice.
Expose and manipulate your entire video library directly inside any business system including popular CRM, CMS, LMS, Analytics, Marketing Automation, Video Monetization or Social Media applications or systems. Choose from 40+ common integrations or simply build your own.
Preferred by Developers
uStudio definitely meets our standards as far as high quality goes with its video APIs. It delivers great technology and response times. But beyond that, I feel like they are also an innovator in the space. As new features come out, those are things that I can also start to bring into my clients, which keeps us moving forward as a company and keeps those client relationships strong.
Customers Innovate & Integrate Using our Video APIs & Frameworks
Sample Customer Innovations:
- Build just-in-time video training workflows triggered by workflow automation
- Launch interactive eCommerce players inside of Facebook & Twitter
- Live-stream interactive town hall meetings to global workforce of 100K employees while reducing network constraints by >95%
- Display real-time mobile uploads of user generated videos by 140K employees during company events
- Created a fully-customize, branded mobile video app
- Ace Hardware uses uStudio to integrate video with their LMS SumTotal
- Arkansas Razorbacks use uStudio’s WordPress Plug-In to manage video across their website as well as out DoubleClick for Publishers integration to insert paid advertising within their videos
- Keller Williams Realty International integrates uStudio across their training, internal comms and product development platforms
- Universal Music Group integrates video into its marketing automation and CRM systems
uStudio gives us the ability to go fast by using solid tools and restful video APIs all across the board. We quickly realized that uStudio is, by far, the most complete video platform offering in the Salesforce environment. I think for somebody who wants to get involved in video and wants to be on the cutting edge of where a lot of the internet is right now, getting to know uStudio is something that’s absolutely essential. It’s been a really great way to build technology on the web.